Introduction to Windows Server 2016 for Beginners | Packt
Introduction to Windows Server 2016 for Beginners | Packt | 1.63 GB
Learn How to set-up your own Windows Server virtualized lab How to configure and manage essential Windows Server 2016 roles How to configure and manage an Active Directory domain controller Know the fundamentals of Group Policy Objects (GPOs) The essential skills needed to be a Windows Server systems administrator About Are you looking to learn the basics of Windows Server 2016 system administration? If so, this is the perfect course for you!
In this 8-hour course, I’ll show you step-by-step, the fundamentals of Windows Server 2016, giving you a solid foundation of Microsoft’s most popular server operating system using VirtualBox, a free virtualization software platform, to create your own virtualized lab at home.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn by doing, getting valuable hands-on experience, as we progress through the course. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
• Set-up a virtual LAN with VirtualBox
• Install Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as virtual machines
• How to navigate Windows Server 2016
• Create and manage user and computer accounts in Active Directory
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP server
• Windows Server DNS and name resolution fundamentals
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as an IIS web server
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as a print server
• Understand and create active directory groups and organizational units
• Understand and create group policies with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
• Learn the fundamentals of NTFS and share permissions
• Set-up user quotas with File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
• Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for remote administration
• Utilize Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to approve and deploy Windows updates to client systems
• Utilize Windows Server Backups to backup and restore data
• Learn to write basic PowerShell Active Directory commands
If you’re looking to advance or begin your career in Information Technology (IT), this course is a must!
Once you complete this course, you’ll have set-up your own Windows server as an Active Directory domain controller, DNS server, DHCP server, IIS web server, print server, file server, WSUS server, and much more, giving you a very solid understanding of system administration